- Where Students Live
- Resident Assistant Forms
- Residence Life
- Mission, Vision and Values
- A Message from the Director
- Current Students
- New Students
- Residence Life Staff
- Become a Resident Assistant
- Apply for Campus Housing
- Contact Residence Life
- Off-campus rental information
Fall Break 2014
Fall Break is quickly approaching (October 10th-14th). Shenandoah University encourages students to take advantage of this opportunity to spend this time with friends and family.
The residence halls will CLOSE promptly at 7:00 p.m. on Friday, October 10th and OPEN again Tuesday, October 14th, at 12:00 noon.
Before you leave for break please make sure to do the following:
- Close and lock your windows and doors
- Leave blinds and curtains open (except first floor residents and all of ERV & ECC)
- Empty all trash from your room
- Turn off lights and other electronics (computers, televisions, etc)
- Leave your fridge plugged in, but throw away all perishable food items
- Retrieve any confiscated items (such as candles) from the RA office (please remember they are only held until the first break) to take home
- All ERV, ECC, RLC, UI and Parker rooms MUST leave their heat/AC unit turned on to keep the room temperature regulated (72 degrees is a good temperature)
**Please remember that students will be documented for violating health and safety policies if they leave their room excessively dirty or trash in the room over break.
If you are requesting approval to stay in the residence halls at any time during Fall Break, please contact the Department of Residence Life no later than Wednesday, October 1 at 5pm. Please read carefully as this has changed this year.
Students who are unable to find other housing and need to remain on campus MUST do the following:
(1) Fill out a Student Account Authorization Form (no later than Wednesday, October 1 at 5pm) in Residence Life (Cooley 216), which will charge your student account a $25 flat for staying on campus Friday-Monday nights
(2) Pay the $25 fee on your WebAdvisor account or in person in Hornet Central prior to October 10
Students who are required to be on campus for classes, student teaching, or athletic practices or games over the break are exempt from the fee. However, if you fall into one of these exempt categories, the Department of Residence Life will need confirmation from a faculty member or supervisor. Residence Life will contact all athletic coaches for their lists.
Residence Life will run two shuttles each way (for residential students) to Dulles Airport and Vienna train station for students who need transportation. Space is limited on each shuttle and is not guaranteed. Students wishing to use the shuttle will need to sign up in person in Residence Life (Cooley 216). Students can sign up beginning Monday, September 22nd at 9am. Students will need to fill out a Student Account Authorization Form in Residence Life (Cooley 216), which will charge your student account a $15 shuttle fee ($30 if you choose round trip). You will then need to pay the $15 shuttle fee ($30 round trip) on your WebAdvisor account or in person in Hornet Central prior to October 10. Failure to pay will result in not being able to ride the shuttle.
Friday October 10th
Shuttle 1: will depart SU at 12pm, stopping at Dulles Airport, then Vienna Train Station.
Shuttle 2: will depart SU at 4pm, stopping at Dulles Airport, then Vienna Train Station.
Tuesday October 15th
Shuttle 3: will pick up at Dulles Airport at 1pm, then Vienna Train Station before returning to SU.
Shuttle 4: will pick up at Dulles Airport at 7pm, then Vienna Train Station before returning to SU.
For those who will be on campus, please be aware of the following:
- Students are not permitted to have overnight guests during break.
- The Allen Dining Hall will not be scanning ID cards after lunch on Friday, October 10th.
- The first meal plan meal after Fall Break will be breakfast on Wednesday, October 15th.
- Flex dollars can still be used at off campus locations during break.
Please be aware that the Department of Public Safety will be coming through the halls. Any student found in the residence halls after 7:00pm who has not been approved for Fall Break will be fined, face disciplinary action and possible removal from the halls.
Have a Great Break!